Grants in Motion: Writing Tips That Raise the Bar
Join Glenda O’Neal, administrator of Grant-Writing-Proposal.com, for an upcoming presentation during the Association of Fundraising Professionals’ Biennial Conference, September 14, 2012, in St. Louis, Missouri.
Calling all grant writers – brush up your writing skills in this workshop filled with tips for
improving foundation and federal grant writing.
Pulling from articles on her website, Grant-Writing-Proposals.com, and book, Let’s Write a Grant, Mrs. O’Neal will offer practical tips, illustrations, and sample materials to demonstrate for participants how to improve their grant writing skills.
The presenter will address the following topics for foundation and federal grant writers:
- Tips for editing and cutting documents to stay within the page limit requirements of an RFP or grant announcement.
- Tips on using Plain Language.
- Tips for making information easy for reviewers to locate in lengthy proposals.
- Tips to focus one’s writing and stay on topic.
- Tips for promoting brevity.
- Tips for writing clear, simple sentences.
- Tips for calling attention to important information so reviewers do not overlook it.
- Tips for requesting support for operations without directly asking for operations.
- Tips for getting mileage out of a single proposal.
- Tips for writing letters of support to document local match and other contributions.
Click here for conference information and to register: